- I'm being denied access to the General Chatroom because it's full!
There is a limit of 150 users at any one time in General Chat. By upgrading to Premium membership you can gain access to the Premium chat rooms and a whole host of other great Premium membership benefits. To find out more about Premium membership click here
- Is there a Chat Room time limit?
There is a 60min time limit in the General Chatroom. Premium members have 360 minutes continuous chat time access to all other chatrooms. To find out how to get 360 minutes uninterrupted chat time plus other great Premium membership benefits click here
- How do I move between chatrooms?
To move between chatrooms simply click the ‘View Roomlist’ button in the chat toolbar, this will display a full list of all the chatrooms available. You can click on a specific chatroom to see who is participating. When you decide on which room you’d like to join click ‘JOIN ROOM’ and start chatting!
- The chatroom I want to enter is 'locked', why is that?
If a lock symbol appears next to a chatroom this means that under your current membership you are unable to enter this room. By upgrading your Mand8 membership to 'Premium' you can get access to all public chatrooms plus a host of other Premium membership benefits! For more information on our membership upgrade options click here
- Can I watch a chat without 'appearing' in the room?
- If you are in a chat room your profile name and details will appear in the room’s user list window to the right of the main chat area. You do not have to join in the chat - but it's more fun if you do!
- How do I make my chat script bold, italic or underlined?
- In order to change the font attributes you use the 'Style' menu options. These are located above the text input area. Click on the black square icon to choose colour. The “B” and “i” buttons allow you to make your text bold and/or italic. A choice of emoticons is also available!
- What are Whispers and how do I use them?
- Whispers are private messages sent between users that appear within the chat window, but are only seen by the two people sending and receiving them. To Whisper another simply click their username in the main chat window.Type the text you want to send in the usual way, as if to appear in the chatroom. Your correspondence appears in the main chat window but will only be viewable between you and the user you sent the ‘Whisper’ to.
- How do I see multiple video streams in chat?
The site offers the latest chatroom technology which allows you to view multiple live video streams while you are chatting. To initiate multiple video streams click on another member who has video (cam icon to the right of their name). When their stream appears above in the 'USERS' window, click on the 'dock' icon located beneath their stream. The stream will then move into your docked streams viewing area. The amount of video streams you can dock is dependant on site membership status. Basic members can dock up to two cam streams and Premium members can dock up to four streams. A further stream is viewable in the ‘USERS’ window. For more information on our membership upgrade options click here
- How do I see more information about the other users I see in chat?
- To view a profile summary of another user simply click on their name in the room’s user list or in the main chat window and a summary will appear in the ‘USERS’ window above the users list. To find out more choose ‘search’ from the main site menu and use the search facility to locate their full mand8 profile.
- Can I specify the profile information shown about me in chat?
- The information shown about you in the chat room is taken from your profile and can not be specified. Only your profile photo/cam stream, username, age and location will be shown.
- How do I report abuse or inappropriate behaviour?
- If you need to report abuse or inappropriate behaviour you can log in to the ‘Need Help?’ room where you will soon be joined by a moderator. You can chat anonymously if you wish by clicking on the Moderator’s name in either the user list field or within the chatroom window and selecting the ‘Whisper’ function.
Alternatively, if you notice inappropriate content or behaviour that isn't in line with Mand8 Terms and Conditions you can email us via the 'contact us' link or via firstname.lastname@example.org Please be sure to include your mand8 username and any registration details appropriate to your enquiry.
- I cannot find an answer to my question
- If you cannot find an answer to your question in the FAQs you can log in to the ‘Need Help?’ room (log in to chat, click on ‘view roomlist’ and select/join the ‘Need Help?’ room). A Moderator will soon join you in the room and will be happy to answer any questions regarding the site.
Alternatively, you can email us via the 'contact us' link or via email@example.com Please be sure to include your mand8 username and any registration details appropriate to your enquiry.